Thursday, August 24, 2006

Another Coffee 'Fix'

Not sure if you have noticed, I am usually making the same old boring stuff. Breads will of course be a staple, followed by butter cakes and chiffon cakes. The main reason is that I bake cakes and cookies in the evening after work, so I don't really have time for complicated items that needs frosting or detailed 'decorating'. So pardon my 'plain jane' cakes.

Chiffon cakes are also a favourite of mine since young. This is a coffee chiffon, great with a cup of coffee, just for a double dose of caffeine.

8 comments:

Gracio said...

Angie, u n me same same!! I love chiffons! When Im back, I gotta learn the folding of chiffon's batter with u, let's arrange a time ya. So excited lei!! hehe... :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good, very high and soft!

diddy said...

looks perfect! send some over here! :)

Gattina Cheung said...

hey you, what you talking about boring old stuff?! I wish I could have your coffee chiffon for breakfast and tea EVERY day! You must handle the batter and beat the egg white nicely, your cake is just perfect! I don't like eating frosting, sprinkling some powder sugar I'm already very happy!

Edith said...

What boring, I think your bread collection are awesome and this cake is really nice and tall, perfect!

Unknown said...

Thanks to all you pals for your contant encouragement and kind words :)

Grace, I'm no 'si fu', but I will share with you what I know. Chiffons are very delicate cakes, especially when whisking egg whites, I still fail sometimes :( And looks like you're going to get hooked on cake baking after your 1st cake ;p

Diddy, have a virtual slice *lol*

Gattina, same here, just a slice of simple cake plus a nice cuppa will satisfy me anytime ;p

Edith, I'm a bread addict!

Cuisine Paradise said...

Angie, your chiffon cake realli look great! Can see that it's light and fluffy... just nice for morning and afternoon tea.... :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ellena! :)