Work has been picking up speed again, hence you may see me MIA (missing in action) sometimes. But I'll try to update whenever possible.
Here I have an easy recipe for croquette, which is basically a snack made of mashed potatoes, meat or vegetables. Croquettes are usually deep-fried. Here I made a 'healthier' version by baking them instead. It's my own 'simply-put-together' recipe, hence I don't have the exact measurements. I also added curry powder for an extra 'zing'. Please feel free to adjust accordingly to your taste and liking.
Tuna Potato Croquette
2 medium potatoes(I used Yukon Gold)
1 small can tuna in water, drained and flaked
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1½ tsp curry powder
Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
Wholemeal breadcrumbs and curry powder for coating
1) Cook potatoes by boiling or microwave until soft, mash well.
2) Heat up olive oil and sauté onions and garlic till fragrant. Add tuna, curry powder, pepper and salt, mix well. Finally add in mashed potatoes and blend well.
3) Let mixture cool slightly and shape into patties. Cover patties and refrigerate for about 30 mins to firm up.
4) Mix breadcrumbs and curry powder well. Dip patties into egg and then in breadcrumb mixture. Shake off excess.
5) Place patties on a lined baking tray and bake in pre-heated 220C oven for 30 mins, or until golden brown.
6) Serve immediately.
The wholemeal breadcrumbs provided a nutty and crispy contrast to the soft and fluffy interior.
Mango Almond Tart 芒果杏仁挞
3 days ago