Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Favourite

After all that cookies, I'm starting to get a bit scared of cookies. Although I didn't eat all that cookies I made (they are meant to be given away), I still had to do 'taste tests'. I needed a break away from cookies making. So off I went to gather my ingredients again, this time for some bread making.

Remember I made Giselle's Pai-Pau sometime back? This round I used the same recipe, but made it into a Cinnamon Swirl Loaf. I also halved the recipe, simply because I wanted to fit it into my small bundt pan. Actually I bought this pan on the spur of the moment, have only used it once. Only realized now it's a bit too small for most recipes. But since it's already in my cabinet, I shall fully utilize it when possible.

You may have noticed the loaf is a bit shiny in some areas, that's because I didn't seal the ends properly. As a result, I ended up with a 'eruption' of the buttery filling. But nonetheless, the bread is delicious (call me biased, as I really love breads).

2 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks good!

Since it's a very nice bundt pan, another way you can utilize it is to make the batter according to the recipe, pour it into this bundt pan and then the leftover batter use it in a cupcakes pan. Tada!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ching for the idea. Ya, sometimes I get lazy to calculate half recipe :p Lazy lazy me.