1) Abacus seeds - this is a traditional hakka dish, made from yam and shaped into abacus seeds -like shapes. Though my mum is a Cantonese, she makes the most delicious abacus seeds.
2) Chicken wine - a dish comprising of chicken cooked in a generous amount of chinese wine, very aromatic.
3) Curry chicken - best paired with french loaf
4) Steamed fish - cantonese style, steamed to perfection.
5) Fish porridge - Teochew style, where soup made from the freshest fish is poured over rice, with a topping of fragrant fried dried shrimps(something which my mum 'invented').
6) Assam fish - cooked in a tangy tamarind gravy, I always have one whole fish to myself
7) Sweet and sour pork - a dish found regularly during festivities such as Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival etc.
8) Ngor Hiang - meat rolls. I made this some time back.
9) Peanut puffs - each one is painstakingly moulded into the shape of a curry puff, but much smaller, filled with a sweet peanut filling, usually made during Chinese New Year.
10) Agar agar jelly - different colors and shapes. Simply but very comforting.