Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Boxing Day and....

....Birthday!

Yes, it's a birthday, but not mine. One year ago on December 26th, this laboratory of mine was born :D

I loved to bake since my teenage years, all thanks to Home Economics class in secondary school. However there was a hiatus of several years before I started baking again, but this time with even more gusto.

I started this blog to record my experiments of baking and the occasion cooking, as well as any thoughts and experience which came with them. Each baking session brings about new knowledge and 'enlightenment'(as my good blogger pal puts it). How I love baking! I love my kitchen, my oven, my KitchenAid, my mixing bowls, and even the weighing scale, for they have helped me churn out fresh loaves of breads, pans of cakes and trays of cookies.

It is also through this blog that I 'met' many talented food bloggers. It is always a joy to read about their latest 'escapades' while feasting my eyes on their fantastic creations and excellent food presentation skills. There is never a dull moment and I have learnt so much from them.

As I celebrate the one year birthday of this blog, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you all of you out there who has been supporting this little laboratory of mine. Your constant words of encouragement has helped shape this blog to what it is now.

For a little celebration, I baked some shortbread. My original idea was to make a cake. But then I thought, after all that feasting over the Christmas weekend, you probably cannot bear to look at another piece of cake? These are a little less 'sinful'(now who am I kidding here?). Well, just sit back and enjoy a nice cuppa with these fingers then :)


Each bite oozing with buttery fragrance



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, happy birthday to your blog! :) Thanks so much for this blog. I really enjoy reading it! :) And the shortbread looks so yummy. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Angie, abit late here but Merry X'mas to you! The shortbread looks so tempting :)

My blog will also turn 1 in 2 days' time. Heh :P

Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthdat! Thanks for sharing all your experiments and nice recipes.
hAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Anonymous said...

Aw, looks delicious. Happy birthday! (to your blog) :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st 'Blogday'My dear!

Baking Fiend said...

Dear Angie....Happy Birthday to yr blog and many more good years (and bakes) to come!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! Nice shortbread you got there :)

Gattina Cheung said...

Happy belate Birthay! I have a great time in this year at your blog, and look forward to many more!

Unknown said...

Hi all, sorry for my 'lateness' in publishing your comments. I had problems as my internet connection was disrupted due to the Taiwan earthquake.

Thanks to all of you for your wishes :)

Anh, thanks to you for visiting too, I enjoy hoping over to yours too :)

Sherie, Happy Blog Birthday too!

Orchidea, you have a great holiday and New Year too :)

YD, thanks!

James, thank you :p Hmm..the Alibaba blog? Kekeke.

Ida, thanks a mil!

Gattina, same-same, I thoroughly enjoyed going over to yours too :)

Gattina Cheung said...

my sweet-sweet Angie (hehee...)
I didn't catch up the Asian news from internet, had even thought your MIA due to a trip or something else. Everything ok in Sg during/after that earthquake?
Will you join Ilva's kitchen meme (it isn't the official name though)? I really lovely to k-poh your magic and beautiful laboratory :D

Unknown said...

Anne, thank you too! Sorry to have missed out on answering your comment!

Gattina, Sg's affected by the internent disruption that's all, thank goodness. Let me go check out Ilva's kitchen meme. Would you be showing us your kitchen too? *wink wink*

Gattina Cheung said...

Of course I will post it (probably two weeks later), even just for you *grin*

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your blog and a Wonderful New Year ahead!

Anonymous said...

Hie Angie! Happy New Year too yah have a Greeeeeaaaat 2007!

Unknown said...

Gattina, I'll be waiting *wink*

Ching, thank you! All the best to you for 2007 too!

YD, have a great 2007 too!