Yesterday is one of those days when I want to bake something, but don't want to wash too many bowls. Actually washing up is one of the things I dread the most, but since I can't escape from this 'package', can't complain too much too.
The following cookies suited my mood just fine. I've only used two bowls, one fork, a baking tray and viola! These were ready in about an hour.
These Cinnamon Oat Cookies are modified based on Gina's(KC) recipe for Oat Cookies. I have a pack of baby oats which I have a hard time finishing, so these helped to use up a bit.
Crunchy butterless cookies with a hint of cinnamon, lovely with a cuppa coffee. Oh by the way, oats are supposed to be good for health and the digestive system. Another reason to munch on these cookies.
Cinnamon Oat Cookies (the original recipe is here)
Makes about 45 pieces of 1½ inches diameter
180g plain flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 to 1½ tsp ground cinnamon (depending on how ‘cinnamon-y’ you like it)
1/8 tsp salt
60g castor sugar
30g light brown sugar
90g baby oats(rolled oats is fine too)
125ml Sunflower Oil
1) Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add sugar and oats to mix.
2) Mix together oil and egg. Add to flour mixture and mix to form a dough.
3) Using a spoon, roll dough into balls (about 1 inch). Place on a lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
4) Bake in preheated 180C oven for 15 to 20 mins or until golden brown.
5) Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Mandarin Orange Marmalade 橘子果酱
5 hours ago