Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Boring?

I haven't been doing much baking and cooking for the past week. Finally managed to churn out some buns today. These are made using my Sesame Sweet Buns recipe, I just adjusted the amounts of ingredients to fit my baking pan.


Nothing beats freshly baked bread from the oven. I simply love the aroma that fills the kitchen while the buns are being baked.

Before I end off, just want to say thanks to someone. Today I received a package all the way from the States. It's from a friend, who very kindly mailed me some recipes and info on making rustic breads. Cat, if you're reading this, my heartfelt thanks to you. I hope I will be able to succeed in making these type of breads.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi angie, juz bloghopping and i love your bread recipes. i'm a foodie myself who's been baking & cooking alot as well. havent been game to try the bread tho'..i'm always sticking to cakes & cookies but i will try it out one day. do visit my blog if u hv a little time to spare.

by the way, does phoon huat sell bread improver?

keep up the good work =)

Unknown said...

Hi Evan, thanks for linking my blog to yours. I've dropped by your blog a few times, your bakes are very nice too. Do try breads if you are interested, it's very satisfying to be able to bake your own breads :)

Yes, I get my bread improver from PH, the one for soft buns and breads.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Very nice buns! Always nice to eat your own buns.

Tazz said...

Me finally have the mood to look see look see around again! *lol*

Unknown said...

Ching, thanks.

Eve, don't let those silly people affect your mood ya. Continue cooking and baking, purely for your own joy and satisfaction. :)

Anonymous said...

Angie,
It's my pleasure. Lucky me to have someone sharing the same interest you know!
*meow meow*

Unknown said...

Thanks *meow meow* 8p Lucky me to have a advisor too you know, hehee.

Anonymous said...

i have read the bread improver is not good. is there any truth in that? that's y i have been hesitating to use it.

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous, do you mean the improver is not good for baking breads or not good for health?

Anonymous said...

hi angie, thx for dropping by! you're one of the blogs i never miss. not only you bake well (i'm sure u do), the photos are very nice too. looks like u r quite a good photographer!

i'll drop by again, keep going!