Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rustic Goodness

As you might have noticed, I'm a huge bread addict. As such, I'm always on the hunt for new bread recipes. So when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to bake this, simply because it has two of my favourite terms - rustic and bread.

Rustic breads have always been my favourite, but I am attempting to bake these types of breads only recently. I want to be as authentic as possible, I even bought a baking stone in order to achieve the nice crust characteristic of rustic breads. So here is my Rustic Potato Loaf, with a moist interior and crispy crust.


If you look at the original recipe by Gattina, you would have noticed a vast difference between our loaves. I'm embarrassed to say, my skills still have a long way to go. Gattina is one who bakes some very beautiful breads and also takes excellent photos. Er.. so for my loaf, pardon my skills. But the taste come first, aesthetics can be improved along the way.

0 comments: