Hmm...actually I dont have much to write in this post(kind of having 'mental block' these days) Just want to share with you another flavour of my favourite butter cake recipe. This time it's durian - the King of Fruits.
100g plain flour
125g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
200g unsweetened plain yogurt
160g durian flesh*
85g unsalted butter
2 eggs, beaten
Almond flakes for sprinkling(optional)
1) Grease or line 12 muffin cups. Preheat oven to 180C.
2) Sift flours, baking powder and baking soda. Combine yogurt and durian flesh, mix well.
3) Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Dribble in eggs slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly for about 2 mins.
4) On LOW speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in ½ of the yogurt mixture. Then beat in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining yogurt. Finally beat in the remaining flour mixture.
5) Divide mixture between the muffin cups, sprinkle almond flakes on top, and bake for about 20 to 25 mins or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
I use a stand mixer for this, which can ‘fold in’ the flour and yogurt gently on its lowest speed. If you cream the butter manually or with a hand-held mixer, after the eggs have been incorporated, use a spatula to gently fold in the flour and yogurt.
*To obtain durian flesh, pass them though a sieve to remove the fibres, then measure out 160g.
These cupcakes does not have an overwhelming durian taste/smell. Instead it is subtle, but yet distinct. I used a combination of flours these time, and obtained a nice moist crumb that does not fall apart easily.
Soft Chocolate Muffins 松软巧克力玛芬
6 days ago